ASPR/CDC Monkeypox Vaccination Operational Planning Guide - HHS Monkeypox Vaccination Program
To slow spread of monkeypox, jurisdictions should focus on ordering vaccines to be distributed in areas of highest transmission.
Beginning with Phase 3, the minimum order quantity for JYNNEOS is 20 vials. All orders must be placed in increments of 20.
A digital ordering portal, the Health Partner Ordering Portal (HPOP) was implemented on August 1, 2022, to enable jurisdictions to place orders, track distribution, and coordinate distribution for JYNNEOS.
- Jurisdictions will need to attest to signing a data use agreement DUA), and provide aggregate inventory and administration counts weekly
- HPOP training is available from ASPR. Invitations for HPOP training will be sent to immunization program managers, PHEP directors, registered users, ASPR recs and users registered by the jurisdictions. Invites will come from the email@example.com mailbox.
- Labeled as a single-dose vial (0.5mL), 20 vials per box, box dimensions 5.5 x 1.5 x 4 inches. An Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) allows use of this product as a multi-use vial for up to 5 doses per vial. The actual fill volume of each vial is 6.4mL.
- Minimum order is 1 box, 20 vials.
- Ancillary supplies for JYNNEOS will NOT be supplied by the SNS. Ancillary supplies for administering either the standard or alternative regimen are available on the commercial market.
It is the responsibility of every provider who prepares and administers injections, or supervises those that prepare and administer injections, to make sure that patients receive the correct medication and are not exposed to life-threatening infections. Providers should adhere to
Standard Precautions and the principles of Safe Injection Practices, including the use of a sterile, single-use, disposable needle and syringe for each injection given, and prevention of contamination of injection equipment and medication.