Experts from private sector, federal agencies join forces to advise on reducing risks, boosting the healthcare supply chain
March 9, 2022
As part of implementing the
National Strategy for a Resilient Public Health Supply Chain HHS is engaging experts from the private sector and across the government to share information and best practices, identify threats, and mitigate risks to make U.S. supply chains stronger. This team, called the Joint Supply Chain Resilience Working Group, will offer near-real-time information-sharing and collaboration to tackle steady state and emerging risks and build toward a more agile, visible, and robust U.S. public health supply chain.
More about the Joint Supply Chain Resilience Working Group:
- The Joint Supply Chain Resilience Working Group 179 experts from private industry and academia and representing 27 federal agencies.
- Private sector experts were identified through the long-standing, Healthcare and Public Health (HPH) Sector-wide Private Sector Coordinating Council (SCC). SCC member supply chain owners and operators were invited to join the Joint SCRWG and provide expert insight into private and public sector-led sub-working groups.
- The group will fall under
the Critical Infrastructure Partnership Advisory Council (CIPAC) framework.
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) established CIPAC to facilitate interaction between governmental entities and representatives from the community of critical infrastructure owners and operators. CIPAC facilitates consensus advice and information sharing concerning critical infrastructure security, resilience and protection to flow bi-directionally between the government and industry. CIPAC enables entities to apply for an exemption from the
Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA), allowing activities to be closed to the public fostering candid deliberations on potentially sensitive matters.
- HHS is the
Sector Risk Management Agency for the
Healthcare and Public Health (HPH) Sector of critical infrastructure.
- To become a member organization of the Healthcare and Public Health Sector Partnership managed by the ASPR Critical Infrastructure Protection Division, contact email@example.com.
- To receive the latest HPH Sector supply chain news, sign up for the ASPR
Critical Infrastructure Protection newsletters.