Resilient systems at the SLTT and regional levels are essential for anticipating and planning an effective public health emergency or disaster response. ASPR can take steps to ensure its partners have the resources, tools, and information they need to build and maintain resilience before, during, and after disasters.
Objective 3.1 Key Milestones:
- Strengthen coordination with SLTTs, regional partners, and the private sector to build public health and healthcare infrastructure capacity and resilience, and to identify critical gaps that should be addressed in public health and medical support.
- Bolster existing public-private partnerships that empower and equip healthcare entities to prepare for and respond to public health emergencies.
- Identify and mobilize associations, organizations, and private sector and SLTT partners that have capabilities to inform and support ASPR programs and priorities.
- Provide clear guidance on coordinated MCM distribution to ensure stakeholder expectations and needs are met.
- Provide SLTT, public health, and healthcare partners with guidance and resources to strengthen workforce resilience and retention.