ASPR/CDC Mpox Vaccination Operational Planning Guide - HHS Mpox Vaccination Program
Locations receiving vaccine need to be ready to maintain the cold chain and meet other storage and handling requirements. Jurisdictions should create a distribution plan in coordination with local health departments and other partners, and carefully determine which sites will receive vaccine product, incorporating the considerations listed below.
- Ordering locations must be registered in HPOP.
- With the expanded distribution capability for JYNNEOS, jurisdictions may designate as many distribution sites as required. The recipient should coordinate with staff familiar with handling and storing temperature-controlled pharmaceuticals.
- The recipient must open shipping containers and follow the enclosed instructions to immediately stop temp-tale to validate sustained shipping temperature range.
- HPOP mpox MCM orders and shipments:
- Temp-tale deviation information/picture must be sent back to email@example.com.
- Amerisource Bergen will evaluate the temp-tale picture (for deviations) and give the go-ahead by email that the product is usable.
- Immediately return the shipping container/s and the temp-tale/s to Amerisource Bergen using the provided shipping label.
- If there are any issues or concerns with the received product, please notify Mpox Distribution firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- JYNNEOS should be given as a 2-dose vaccine series. Providers will be responsible for managing second doses of JYNNEOS.
- HHS and the manufacturer(s) offer additional training to prepare providers to administer ACAM2000 vaccine; providers will need to be trained.