Management Analyst Student Volunteer
Application Due Date:
March 22, 2023
100% Remote or Telework
May/Early June 2023
Remote and On-Site
Are you studying business or economics? You’re invited to apply to volunteer with the Office of Security, Intel, and Information Management (SIIM) at the Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (ASPR)! We are looking for a creative, driven, and organized student volunteer to be our Management Analyst and develop procedures, methodologies, and workflows to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of developing priority-based requirements and related objectives within the Information Management Division’s (IMD), Information Coordination and Reporting Branch (ICR). Apply to become a student volunteer with ASPR for the opportunity to gain real-world experience using your skills!
The strength of our nation's public health and medical infrastructure and the capabilities necessary to quickly mobilize a coordinated national response to disasters and emergencies are vital to our national security. The Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (ASPR) leads the nation's medical and public health preparedness for, response to, and recovery from disasters and public health emergencies. ASPR collaborates with hospitals, healthcare coalitions, biotech firms, community members, state, local, tribal, and territorial governments, and other partners across the country to improve readiness and response capabilities.
This student volunteer position is with the Office of Incident Command and Control (ICC), Office of Security, Intel, and Information Management (SIIM) in the Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response (ASPR) in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
This position offers the flexibility to be 100% remote or to telework. The on-site location of this position will be at Constitution Center (400 7th Street, SW, Washington, DC 20024), directly above one of the entrances to the L'Enfant Plaza metro stop.
Student Volunteer Position Description
As a Management Analyst Student Volunteer, some of your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support ICR’s Leadership with program management and process improvement
- Update and maintain standard operating procedures and ICR Branch’s core business processes
- Assist with projects within ICR Branch, with responsibility involving the planning, scoping, development, and design of ongoing and new projects
- Analyze/evaluate documents and presentations previously developed by the ICR Branch and provide recommendation as to their relevance to the current branch priorities
- Reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness and typing or formatting correspondence and documents to adhere to rules, operations, or business practices of the organizations
- Knowledge of project management structure and standard workflow
- Knowledge of management and administrative goals, objectives, systems, regulations, guidelines, and processes of a major organization
- Basic or limited knowledge of public health and/or emergency response management
- Knowledge of elements of good writing and effective communication habits
Start Date and Duration
This position will begin in May/Early June 2023 for a duration of no more than six months. Starting dates will vary. The number of hours per week for this position will be determined jointly by the volunteer and the program management.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume to the ASPR Talent Acquisition Team at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due March 22, 2023.