Student Volunteer Opportunity: Public Administration (Management Analyst)
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR), Office of Incident Command and Control (ICC), Office of Strategy, Policy, Planning, and Requirements (SPPR). ASPR is headed by the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) who reports directly to the Secretary. ASPR is a component of the Public Health Service (PHS) and is responsible for ensuring a One Department approach to developing public health and medical preparedness and response capabilities, leading, and coordinating the relevant activities of DHHS. This position will be a Routine Telework position with at least 40% of time required on-site. The on-site location of this position will be at Constitution Center (400 7th Street, SW, Washington DC 20024), directly above one of the entrances to the L'Enfant Plaza metro stop.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a management analyst, to implement an organizational unit in support of the Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasures Enterprise (PHEMCE) Branch.
Volunteer Position Description:
As a Management Analyst, some of your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Update and maintain standard operating procedures of Branch core business processes.
- Assist with projects within the Branch, with responsibility involving the planning, scoping, development, and design of ongoing and new projects.
- Assist Branch Chief in development and implementation of management tools.
- Assist Branch Chief in developing change management plans; and documents to communicate change management approaches.
- Support employees who engage with the scientific research community and other professional staff of other Federal agencies and non-Federal organizations whose activities are related to the work of the Office.
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve Branch effectiveness in supporting the PHEMCE mission; and relationship management.
- Analyze/evaluate documents and presentations previously developed by the Branch and provide recommendation as to their relevance to the current Branch Objective and Mission.
- Reviewing documents for accuracy and completeness and typing or formatting correspondence and documents to adhere to rules, operations or business practices of the organization
- Knowledge of project management structure and standard workflow.
- Knowledge of management and administrative goals, objectives, systems, regulations, guidelines, and processes of a major organization.
- Basic or limited knowledge of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear (CBRN) threat agents and emerging infectious diseases (EIDs) and their risks.
- Knowledge of change management.
- Knowledge of governance, administration, and improvement of governmental agencies and programs.
- Knowledge of elements of good writing and effective communication habits.
Start Date and Duration
Multiple positions may be hired under this announcement, with positions beginning in in spring and summer 2023 for a duration of no more than six months. Starting dates will vary. The number of hours per week for this position will be determined jointly by the volunteer and the program management.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume to the ASPR Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications due November 28, 2022.